To be successful in today’s competitive marketplace, organisations need to extend information beyond the walls of their organisation and seamlessly interact with customers, partners and suppliers in real time. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services enables us to transform valuable enterprise data into shared information for insightful, timely decisions for our customers.
SQL Server Reporting Services is a comprehensive, server-based solution that enables the creation, management, and delivery of both traditional, paper-oriented reports and interactive, Web-based reports. An integrated part of the Microsoft business intelligence framework, Reporting Services combines the data management capabilities of SQL Server and Microsoft Windows Server to deliver real-time information to support daily operations and drive decisions.
An Integrated Architecture SQL Server Reporting Services supports a wide range of common data sources, such as OLE DB and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), as well as multiple output formats such as familiar web browsers and Microsoft Office System applications.
Full Reporting Life Cycle Support
SQL Server Reporting Services supports the full reporting life cycle, including:
- Report authoring – Our report developers can create reports to be published to the report server using Microsoft or other design tools that use Report Definition Language (RDL), an XML-based industry standard used to define reports.
- Report management – Report definitions, folders, and resources are published and managed as a web service. Managed reports can be executed either on demand or on a specified schedule, and are cached for consistency and performance. New in SQL Server Reporting Services, our administrators can use the Management Studio to organise reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history.
- Report delivery – SQL Server Reporting Services supports both on-demand (pull) and event-based (push) delivery of reports. Users can view reports in a web-based format or in e-mail.
- Report security – SQL Server Reporting Services implements a flexible, role-based security model to protect reports and reporting resources. The product includes extensible interfaces for integrating other security models as well.
Key Reporting Scenarios
Our eService “Online Reporting Portal (SSRS)” based on the SQL Server Reporting Services technology combines a single, complete reporting platform with a scalable and extensible architecture to meet a wide variety of reporting needs, including:
- Enterprise reporting – Our customers can use Reporting Services for their operational reporting or business intelligence applications. Using Reporting Services, our IT staff can design a variety of reports and deploy them to individuals throughout your enterprise.
- Ad-hoc reporting – SQL Server Reporting Services includes Report Builder, a new ad-hoc reporting tool that enables our customers to create their own reports and explore corporate data. Report Builder incorporates a user-friendly business query model that enables users to build reports without deep technical understanding of the underlying data sources, like our Microsoft Dynamics NAV Databases where we store your accounting and/or HR/payroll data.
- Embedded reporting – Our customers can access pre-defined or ad-hoc reports from third-party applications that use Reporting Services and use these reports as-is, customise them, or create new ones for specific business needs.
- Web-based reporting – For your partners and your customers. Our customers can deploy interactive web-based reports to deliver information to their customers or partners. Reporting Services isolates report consumers from the complexity of the underlying data sources, while providing personalisation and interactivity.
We are using the SQL Reporting Services as a part of our back-end applications.
Learn more about eService BI and Reporting Portal
Reporting Portal login information
Test Login: email@example.com
Test Password: guest_en